Saturday, July 30, 2011

Blessed by a homeless man

I wanted to share something interesting that happened tonight. After the concert Jeff and I had the opportunity to buy a meal for a man who probably wasn't going to have one for a while. We took him to Subway and bought some food and afterwards he asked us for money for beer and cigarettes. We told him no and asked where we could drive him. He tthen requested that we take him to a local bar. I thought to myself, why on Earth would I help someone like this? It's at this point that Jeff reminded me of a story we had just heard last week from Jerry about the impact something as small as two soccer balls can have long after you are gone. By Jeff simply saying, "2 soccer balls" I was reminded of why we're here and of God's greater plan in everything that we do. This homeless man truly blessed me today

-CW

No comments:

Post a Comment